Re: Problems installing FC4 on Dell Optiplex GX620

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 23:26, Myth User wrote:

> I will leave it to you to google TCO white papers there are only about a
> million of them and I know you will find one that says slackware roxor or
> something like that.

So they managed to pick the one free version that doesn't have automatic
updates...  Great.

> The day may come where you are in a position of responsibility to protect
> the interest of shareholders and you will have to spend their money wisely.
> I hope by then you are more open.

Errr, I do that now with a few hundred servers and I know very
well which OS runs for years mostly unattended and which one
needs a flock of people grooming it constantly with third party
add-ons like virus protection to keep it working at all and
another set to keep track of the licenses.  My prejudices are
entirely due to painful experience.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com