Setting X11 Screen Resolution.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Sun Mar 19 06:24:23 UTC 2006

> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 19:04 -0700, Reg Clemens wrote:
> > I know there is  a place to set the X11 Screen size/Screen Resolution if the
> > server
> > just 'gets it wrong' but I cant find that place/ remember where it is.
> >
> > Can someone with a better memory than mine tell me WHERE IT IS?
> >
> With xorg it is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Well, I know about xorg.conf.
And reading the man page, I see somethings I used to set here, like the
size of the screen in mm are now missing.

Setting the Monitor type, as suggested by Dan, is not possible, as the
Monitor (a flat screen Samsung) is newer than the Fedora release...

I just had a feeling, that there was someplace else.
That by setting SOMETHING I could determine whether X11 used
the 75 or 100dpi fonts, and (probably) determined a number of other
things.

xdpyinfo gives a screen size in mm, there must be some place to
overrride that.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com