FC5 Released ?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Mar 19 14:33:16 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 03:00 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 19 March 2006 02:52, Yue Feng wrote:
> >Thanks Tod,
> >
> >I found these ISOs on more than one of the mirror sites refered by the
> >official Fedora website. Even though i still can not make sure that
> >these files are real FC5 release images.
>
> I'd have serious doubts as to the authenicity just yet, we're still
> about 36-40 hours from the official release.  As has been said, the fat
> lady hasn't sang yet.  I hope they put it up as torrents too now that
> I've got that capability setup here.

Torrents will be available from http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ as
usual, but not until the official release date/time.

The ISOs in this thread are almost certainly genuine as they have to be
released to the mirrors in time for them to be available for the
official release date/time. The mirrors *should* be doing access control
on them though, to prevent this sort of leakage.

Paul.