Problems installing FC4 on Dell Optiplex GX620

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 19 14:52:14 UTC 2006

Myth User wrote:

> Fedora is a bird that sings in the forest while Windows is a stable
> operating system.

Our customers in California know better than to think Windows is a
stable operating system.
We had a problem where Windows would reboot when accessing the com ports
and dump core.
We suspected hardware issues but isolated the problem to a fallacy
within the Windows OS.
Newer products do not use Fedora but do use an Embedded version of Linux
based upon Redhat. We still do have to deal with the Windows problems on
existing products.

A bird singing in the forest beats an unrealistic claim that Windows is
a stable OS.

Jim

--
If I'd known computer science was going to be like this, I'd never have
given up being a rock 'n' roll star.