Yum update: Missing Dependency: libopenobex-1.0.so.1()?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Mar 19 17:48:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 19:22 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 11:13 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 15:12 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libopenobex-1.0.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
> > > package gnome-bluetooth
> > > Error: Missing Dependency: libopenobex-1.0.so.1()(64bit) is needed by
> > > package libbtctl
> > >
> > updating openobex is trying to update/remove libopenobex-1.0.so.1 but
> > gnome-bluetooth and libbtctl need that file.
> >
> > I also note that gnome-bluetooth and libbtctl are not in the list being
> > updated.  It may be a delay in the mirror updates or it may be an error
> > in dependencies.
> >
> > One way would be to remove gnome-bluetooth and libbtctl then do the
> > update, and if those are needed then reinstall them.
> >

> Duh... Should have seen it before posting.
> Seems that KDE-RedHat openobex upgrade breaks gnome-bluetooth.
> I'll post a problem report in the KDE-RedHat ml.

What you are seeing is the "repository dependency hell" that occurs at
times when using multiple repositories for doing updates.

the kde-redhat repo is not 100% compatible with the packages from the
base, updates-released, and extras repositories so this sometimes
happens.

The more different repos you use, the more likely this will happen.