Help Please Can I reinsall FC 2 without losing my data

M.K webfreelancers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 19:01:34 UTC 2006

How could I back  up my data in rescue mode with shell command ?
my data are on local  directory.
How could I login in as a root  to see my local dir.
With "ls" command:
 bin             etc           linuxra             mnt             oldtmp
        sbin                 sys                usr
 dev              lib             lost+fund            modules          proc
        selinux         temp             var

Thanks,
mkohan