External Jaz Drive is mounting

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sun Mar 19 20:17:42 UTC 2006

FC4 uptodate

I have a external jaz drive that I use to backup to.  The script I have
mounts and un-mounts this drive.  I've been noticing that the drive
spins up about ever 5 minutes.  I started looking into this and I can
not find anything on what is controlling this behavior.  So maybe I'm
asking the wrong question.

I would like this external SCSI device to mount and unmount only when I
tell it to.  Does anyone know how I can config my system for this behavior.

My fstab line for this drive is:

/dev/sda1               /mnt/jaz                ext2    noauto          0 0