External Jaz Drive is mounting

FC4 uptodate

I have a external jaz drive that I use to backup to. The script I have mounts and un-mounts this drive. I've been noticing that the drive spins up about ever 5 minutes. I started looking into this and I can not find anything on what is controlling this behavior. So maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

I would like this external SCSI device to mount and unmount only when I tell it to. Does anyone know how I can config my system for this behavior.

My fstab line for this drive is:

/dev/sda1               /mnt/jaz                ext2    noauto          0 0