Re: How to temporarily set kernel version for software install script?

sport wrote:

Can someone tell me how or what command I would use to change the kernel
system information reported by uname?

There might be a better way of doing this but, here's a quick and dirty hack:

1. create an executable script /tmp/unamemod:

	#!/bin/bash
	echo "2.4.20"

2. From your shell

	$ alias uname='/tmp/unamemod'

done. Now $(uname -r) from that console will report 2.4.20

Thanks

HTH,
-M