Re: How to temporarily set kernel version for software install script?

Mostafa Z. Afgani wrote:

2. From your shell

    $ alias uname='/tmp/unamemod'

done. Now $(uname -r) from that console will report 2.4.20

Oops .. looks like I spoke too soon <embarrassed> .. won't work when uname is called from a script .. So, as Craig said, modifying the script is your best bet .. of course you could still create the unamemod script and then link that to /bin/uname temporarily -- but I guess that's more trouble than it's worth ;)