Is my mail server is being blacked list???

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 19 22:58:05 UTC 2006

Mats Hellman wrote:
> Hi Khem,
>
> I'm not sure if the domain you are talking about is the one your are
> sending mails from but I tried dnsstuff.com and the results say your
> mail server does not have a Reverse DNS entry. Many servers don't accept
> mail from servers without the reverse dns entry.

_I_ don't accept mail from such, and my daily inspection of the logwatch
reports shows I block about as much (almost certain) spam using that and
other rules (eg helo check) as I do using black lists. We're very happy
with the results. The addresses blocked look like dialup/cable/DSL
connexions.

If you legitimately need to send mail from such, then your choices are
1. Relay via your Internet Connexion Provider
2. Have matching forward/reverse names.