Re: ssh times out trying to login to machine outside the LAN

Joel Rees wrote:
> The third company is limiting ssh by IP.

and:
> Oh, I get the same results from my Mac boxes at home, so now I'm
> pretty sure the problem is not with the FC settings.

Are you sure that the third company has opened SSH for your home IP
address?

Oh yes: don't forget that there are potentially two sets of firewalls to
blame: the ones at your site and the ones at theirs. Firewalls can be
used (and are used) to block outbound traffic as well as inbound.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "I would like to apologise to the relatives of the fan
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | who gave me 29 books to sign in Odyssey 7, Manchester.