De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 06:56:17 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 03:33, jdow wrote:
> From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk>
>
> > Last word for tonight -
> >
> > [root at borg ~]# fdisk hdb
> >
> > Unable to open hdb
>
> Um, er, shuffles feet at the prospect of embarrassing Anne publicly; but,
> Anne, did you try "fdisk /dev/hdb"?
>
> {o.o}

No, I made the mistake of reading the man page first, which directed me to
another which directed me to another... and by that time I was thoroughly
confused.

One thing I need to know, before I rebuild the partition table.  Does linux
use anything like the DOS extended partition?  I've never seen any mention of
it.

Anne