Insufficient system storage

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 20 00:31:44 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson:
> Will the old /tmp be quietly ignored when I reboot?

What was your old /tmp then?  If it was merely a directory in the root,
then the mount point (on top of it) usurps it.  The mount point will be
used instead.  But the contents that were already in the /tmp directory
will still be there; albeit hidden, even if they are occupying drive
space.  I'd, first, boot up in single user mode and wipe out any files
in the /tmp directory.  No need to reboot after that, just telinit up to
the run level you want to work out.

If your old /tmp was a mount point, you'd be taking it away and using
your new one *instead*.  Don't try to have two of them.

I read messages from the public lists.