Re: De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

On Monday 20 March 2006 07:50, Jeff Vian wrote:

> > Last word for tonight -
> >
> > [root borg ~]# fdisk hdb
> >
> > Unable to open hdb
>
> that should be "fdisk /dev/hdb".  It should work then.

Duh - I knew that, but it was very late.  However, 'fdisk /dev/hdb' still
returns 'Unable to open /dev/hdb'

I presume that gparted crashed while writing the partition table.  I'll see
whether testdisk can recover it.  If not I'm not wasting more time on this.
I have another drive that can be used for the same purpose.  This time,
though, I'll try fdisk alone to manage it ;-)

Anne