Re: De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

Anne Wilson wrote:
Rebooting didn't help.  During bootup it reported

I/O error on device hdb, logical block 0.

Well, that probably means that the drive has a bad sector in a very unlucky spot.

I'm sure that's no relief to you, but I was worried for a minute that I shouldn't use gparted in the future. ;)