FC5 Released!!

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Mar 20 18:37:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> Florin Andrei wrote:
>> - incoming TCP ports 6881-6999 are blocked on your system
>
> What I don't understand is the fact that this seems to limit download
> speed, rather than upload speed.  I'm behind an Internet "gateway", but
> my upload speed still manages to saturate my link.  My download speed,
> OTOH, seems to consistently run at about half of my upload speed.
>
> Anybody got an explanation for this phenomenon?

I have seen that problem on my dsl line if upload gets saturated.  I have
to throttle my bittorrent client to about 3/4 the rated speed to prevent
weird problems like that.

Azureus will let you throttle upload speeds, as will the standard
bittorrent client.

--
"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa