yum update FC4==>FC5 kudzu and initscripts dependence problem

yonas abraham yonas at erimp3.com
Mon Mar 20 20:04:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

In my laptop I tried to use yum to bring my FC4 system to FC5. I
downloaded the fedora-release rpm fron the FC5 tree and
installed/updated it. It created some *repo.rpmsave. After reviewing the
diff, I have copied the respective file to their *.repo file.

I did yum update

and after a lot of download/test yum comes up with the two errors

Error: Package initscripts needs kernel < 2.6.12, this is not available
Error: Package kudzu needs kernel < 2.6.13, this is not available

I taught FC5 comes with kerner 2.6.15 and why would these two packages
depend on old kernels?

any help?

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD