[FC5] First impression

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Mon Mar 20 21:12:23 UTC 2006

After downloading FC5, I eagerly started installing.Installation went flawless, except that the package selection is more detailed/work. And certain usefull applications are by default not selected.After installation, I noticed certain things which saddened me ...* Gconf wasn't installed (by default).* When logging out of a graphical enviroment, I can't select the option anymore which allows me to save "any active stuff" ("remember settings"). So every time I log in now, I have to creat manually a terminal window in desktop 4 because I'm used to it.* When updating/installing software through the "add/remove software"-option, it automatically goes on internet to grab the software (no DVD?)Changes are not always for the best ...