FedoraCore Installation Problem

LinUsr no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 20 22:47:20 UTC 2006

Craig,
Thanks for your help.
I've tried text mode. It didn't help, the system stalls forever on disk format stage...
Also, I've tried passing "nofb" flag (as recommended in Release notes for some display types) and it didn't help.
When the system stalls the keyboard becomes inoperable (the system will not respond to keyboard, and if CapsLock key is pressed the CapsLock LED will not light)...
I'm not sure there is a critical problem with disks because it is possible to install the old RedHat 7.2 or Windows XP  to the machine. The only unusual thing about the machine is that it has dual CPU (but still the old RedHat 7.2 installs OK!).
I tried both WorkStation and Server installations and they both failed...
Also, I tried the Media Verification option (to verify that the installation CD is correct) and it passed OK.
Anyway, I'll try to re-create the installation CD again...
+

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=68892&topic_id=17099&forum=25#forumpost68892