FedoraCore Installation Problem

Richard Verdugo richverdugo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:59:40 UTC 2006

Hello,
Can someone give me a clue as to what DNS setting would prevent my fc3
machine from being able to resolve names, such as: ping yahoo.com  returns
"unknown host"
but I can access this machine via ssh, samba is set up and working, I can
ftp into it, but when I try to access hosts by name it fails, but when I
do,  ping 66.94.234.13  (which is yahoo.com)  it works.

I'm sure the answer is simple. Thanks for your help.

Ric.