Announcing the release of Fedora Core 5

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 20 23:54:01 UTC 2006

From: "Anthony Messina" <amessina at messinet.com>

> Fedora Project wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Fedora Core "Bordeaux", and today I am 5.  When I
>> turned 4 last year, they got a funny salesman to talk about me like I
>> was a toy.  I like toys.  But today Teacher said I am a big kid, and I
>> should talk about myself.  I can do lots of big kid stuff now, and
>> everyone tells me that I play really well with all the other kids in
>> class, even the ones who are mean like bullies.  I always try and
>> share, which is what Teacher says is the best thing.
>
> interesting choice of announcement styles!  i forwarded it to my mom,
> who's a third grade teacher.  she said, in elementary school, this is
> called "voice" and applauded your writing style.
>
> i know many people are busy downloading and already updating fc5 (myself
> included), but i wanted to take the time to say thanks to all of you who
> made this possible.  you guys/gals really work hard and i think the
> fedora line is something to be proud of.

One also wonders about the apparent age involved. Now, Fedora Core is a
different kind of organism than human beings. That suggests that its
gestation and growth patterns would be a little different. So I guess
the big question is, "What is 5 in Fedora Core translated to the
equivalent in Human years?"

{^_-}