installed software when upgrading

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Tue Mar 21 00:51:46 UTC 2006

I understand this will be one in a very long line of similar questions,
hopefully other have the same. I appreciate any help.

My main concern upgrading to FC5 is existing software. I did read the
release notes, I see that MySQL 5 is now the default for example. How
can I know what will happen to these critical apps when I upgrade?

*My FC4 system contains (that I care about)*
Apache w/ php
MySQL 4.1.1.6
Cyrus IMAP
amavisd-new
Postfix

I've had problems in the past with cyrus when the db version changes. I
envision many of these same issues, I'm just not sure how to be sure
everything will work.

Not asking for a step-by-step, just some advice.

Thanks
Rob

--
Robert Bell