Yum Repos

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 01:40:28 UTC 2006

Pere Fedora wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I've to change my repos config. Now I've installed the FC5 Test
> 3. How do I activate the FC5 ones?
>
> I've disabled testing ones, and enabled the FC5 ones which came disabled
> with FC5 Test 3 but I only get errors with the mirrors.
>
> Thanks in advance,

You have to install the fedora-release package with rpm after
downloading it locally. Once the package is installed, it saves the
newer repo files located in /etc/yum.repos.d from reponame.repo.rpmsave
to reponame.repo. You need to remove/rename/relocate the older
reponame.repo files before changing the rpmsave files to regular
reponame.repo file names. Also, a lot of the mirrors are not synced up
yet or are very congested. You might need to try running your update
program several times or find an updated mirror and add the url instead
of using the mirror listing way.

Jim

--
I'll see you... on the dark side of the moon...
		-- Pink Floyd