Back up data in Rescue mode

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 04:16:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 20:56, M.K wrote:
> First I tried scp command  i got error then tried to connection with
> ssh as you said.
> ssh -v    user_login at www.place_ my site.com
>   I  got this error
> OpenSSh_3.2           ,SSH protocol 1.5/2. openSSL 0X0090701f
> debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating  Port will not be
> trusted.
> ssh: user_login at www.place_ my site.com  Temporary failure in name
> resolution

Your network interface may not have started correctly in
rescue mode.  If you've done the 'chroot /etc/sysinstall'
try 'ifconfig' to see if it shows a reasonable ip address
assigned to eth0.  If eth0 doesn't show up, try
 ifup eth0
to activate it.   If the interface is up but you can't
resolve DNS names, try using the IP address instead of
the name for the remote machine.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com