Back up data in Rescue mode

M.K webfreelancers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:20:44 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 20:56, M.K wrote:
> > First I tried scp command  i got error then tried to connection with
> > ssh as you said.
> > ssh -v    user_login at www.place_ my site.com
> >   I  got this error
> > OpenSSh_3.2           ,SSH protocol 1.5/2. openSSL 0X0090701f
> > debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating  Port will not be
> > trusted.
> > ssh: user_login at www.place_ my site.com  Temporary failure in name
> > resolution
>
> Your network interface may not have started correctly in
> rescue mode.

Your were absolutely right because last time I escape from that phase.
I exit the rescue mode and I rerun from the begging I chose the network
interface
I got this messsage:
Network Device:eth0
Description :VIA Technologies   |  VT6102    {Rhine-II]
[X]Configure suing DHCP
IP Address   ------------
Netmask    ------------

I am not sure what I a have to put on Netmask
and can I put my  www.mywebsite.com on IP address
Thanks for your help,
Mkohan

If you've done the 'chroot /etc/sysinstall'