Back up data in Rescue mode

M.K webfreelancers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:19:09 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 23:20, M.K wrote:
>
> >         Your network interface may not have started correctly in
> >         rescue mode.
> >
> > Your were absolutely right because last time I escape from that phase.
> > I exit the rescue mode and I rerun from the begging I chose the
> > network interface
> > I got this messsage:
> > Network Device:eth0
> > Description :VIA Technologies   |  VT6102    {Rhine-II]
> > [X]Configure suing DHCP
> > IP Address   ------------
> > Netmask    ------------
> >

> > I am not sure what I a have to put on Netmask
> > and can I put my  www.mywebsite.com on IP address
>
> You can find what the old settings were in the file
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.  The IP
> address and netmask will be a setting for your own
> network.  If you have a home router you may be using
> DHCP  which should work just as well in rescue mode as
> normally.   If you have another computer to work with
> you can find the www.mywebsite.com address with
> nslookup or ping.

Oh my god
I got my Netmask,IPaddress and gateway data
from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
and rerun rescue mode I chose network interface next
 I fill out  :
 IP address
NetMax
then next I got another that I have to fill out
Gateway   I knew it I enetered data
Primay DNS       - I left blank
secondy DNS    - I left Blank

I finshid  the process then
I tried to connect with
ssh -v user at www.mysite.com
I got the same error messages that i got befor.
I think I had to fill out the dns information.
am i  right?

Mkohan

---