Re: Back up data in Rescue mode

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 22:19 -0800, M.K wrote:
>  I fill out  :
>  IP address
> NetMax
> then next I got another that I have to fill out
> Gateway   I knew it I enetered data
> Primay DNS       - I left blank
> secondy DNS    - I left Blank
>
> I finshid  the process then
> I tried to connect with
> ssh -v user www mysite com
> I got the same error messages that i got befor.
> I think I had to fill out the dns information.
> am i  right?

If you wanted to connect to a domain name, you'd either need to specify
DNS servers that can resolve that name, or have entries in your hosts
file for the domain.  I'm not sure whether SSH will look at the hosts
file, not everything does, but I think it's usually only DNS testing
tools, mail servers, and Squid that behaves that way.

I read messages from the public lists.