[FC5] First impression

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 12:02:34 UTC 2006

Patrick wrote:
> Did anyone find out already how to save settings when logging off?
>
> Thanks!

I scanned around and found two entries, one called session and another
titled sessions. I selected the session titled entry under.
System > Preferences > More Preferences  > Session that pulls up a modal
type window with three check boxes.
gTweakUI

- Save session automatically
- Show Logout menu
- Show splash screen on login

The first entry is not checked, the last two are checked. I suppose
checking the first entry would save your session on exit. Unchecking it
after you have options as desired should keep the terminal on desktop 4
as you desire.
I think you can change the splash image to by drag and drop. I did not
read the documentation or drag an image to check.

Jim

PS - If your dad complains about the menus taking so long to start the
first instance used, FC5 does not have that bothersome delay.

--
<Cylord> Would it be acceptable to debian policy if we inserted a crontab
          by default into potato that emailed bill.gates at microsoft.com
          every morning with an email that read, "Don't worry, linux is a
          fad..."