Re: [FC5] First impression

Patrick wrote:
Did anyone find out already how to save settings when logging off?

Thanks!

I scanned around and found two entries, one called session and another titled sessions. I selected the session titled entry under. System > Preferences > More Preferences > Session that pulls up a modal type window with three check boxes.
gTweakUI

- Save session automatically
- Show Logout menu
- Show splash screen on login

The first entry is not checked, the last two are checked. I suppose checking the first entry would save your session on exit. Unchecking it after you have options as desired should keep the terminal on desktop 4 as you desire. I think you can change the splash image to by drag and drop. I did not read the documentation or drag an image to check.

Jim

PS - If your dad complains about the menus taking so long to start the first instance used, FC5 does not have that bothersome delay.

--
<Cylord> Would it be acceptable to debian policy if we inserted a crontab
         by default into potato that emailed bill gates microsoft com