Problematic boot messages

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 21 12:27:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 12:14 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 March 2006 12:00, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> > There should be something /var/log/messages if you are getting "fails"
> > during boot.  It's less than obvious, though.
> >
> That was the second place I looked - after boot.log - but I couldn't see
> anything there related to the problem.  Some interesting bits, though -
>
> Mar 21 11:24:16 david kernel: w83627hf 9191-0290: Enabling temp2, readings
> might not make sense
>
> and it's dead right - they don't ;-)
>
> Anne

Anne,

There may be something at http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/

Is this an ASUS MB?  There is lots of complaining in the FAQ.

As to the failed system services.  Try interactive mode.  I do not have
much experience there, but I believe you can "single-step" through some
of the startup.  Watch for the message about hitting "i".  You may need
to turn off rhgb.

Bob...