Re: FC5 install: Anaconda fails: "out of diskspace"

On 3/21/06, Alain PORTAL <aportal univ-montp2 fr> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm french :-)

No, your English is fine!

> For each package you want to update, run "yum update package" instead of
> running "yum update"

Ahhh. but that is for upgrading FC4 --> FC5 with yum, no? That is
perhaps why I am not following you. I had read on this list that
upgrading that way was not such a great idea, that using anaconda to
do the upgrade was preferable.

When I run anaconda from the FC5 DVD install disk, it complains that
it there is insufficient diskspace, but it is not clear to which
partition it is referring...

At this point, I could also choose for a "new install" and tell disk
druid *not* reformat root and so on, and let it recreate new /var and
/tmp partitions within the root partition tree. Just an idea.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam