OT : an end to script kiddies

Steven J Lamb redhattedsheep at adiis.net
Tue Mar 21 15:10:14 UTC 2006

I am by no means saying this is either a polished or necessarily fool proof
system. obviously there could even be a reverse-reverse attack out there
that the script kiddies cause trying to trick this script into thinking it
is the kernel instead of the malicious program.

but look at it this way, the biggest problem with script kiddies is that the
owner of the machine does not know it has a problem. so on one hand the
machine could be cleaned by the program. on the other we have a machine that
has been killed but an anti kiddies program. from what I have seen in the
support business there are lots of anti vi programs out there that will do
the same thing if you have a virus.

and some other food for thought... what makes you think that these machines
infected by script kiddies aren't being used for other malicious purposes. I
mean I have taken some high performance computing courses and while I drool
over the amount of power a script kiddies cluster can provide I can only
imagine the amount of spam production or other attacks that a script kiddies
cluster could provide if it fell into the wrong hands.

anyway ... that is way OT but I don't really want to generate too much
discussion about such a thing ... I will check out "honey pot" but to put
your fears to rest, I would never write a script to maliciously harm a
machine ... even if it was attacking my network. that is what firewalls are
for.

Respectfully

Steven Lamb