FC5 avi mpg

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:14:28 UTC 2006

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Been a while since i used Fedora, how do i play avi files or where do
>> i find the yum repo ?
>>

> You can either grab mplayer or xine from livna or freshrpms
> respectively. Both sites have their own yum repo available as a simple
> to install rpm - you then just use yum as you would normally.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Both repos probably have both of those packages, actually. I use
totem-xine (totem using xine instead of gstreamer as a backend) from
livna. Another option which I believe is a good one is VLC media player,
this is also in livna. Both totem-xine and vlc have respective mozilla
plugin packages, the VLC one plays far more formats but I haven't tried
it out much. In the end, go with what you like best.
-Dan