Re: Back up data in Rescue mode

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 00:19, M.K wrote:

> Oh my god
> I got my Netmask,IPaddress and gateway data
> from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> and rerun rescue mode I chose network interface next
>  I fill out  :
>  IP address
> NetMax
> then next I got another that I have to fill out
> Gateway   I knew it I enetered data
> Primay DNS       - I left blank
> secondy DNS    - I left Blank
>
> I finshid  the process then
> I tried to connect with
> ssh -v user www mysite com
> I got the same error messages that i got befor.
> I think I had to fill out the dns information.
> am i  right?

You have to either fill in dns server addresses during
the setup or use the IP number for your target instead
of the www.mysite.com name.  If you have some other
working computer on the network you can find the IP
number with 'nslookup www.mysite.com' or just
'ping www.mysite.com'.

If you do want to fill out the dns info, you'd find it
in /etc/resolv.conf.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com