Re: FC5 install: grub can't mount partition

Colin Brace wrote:
Hi all,

I just finished installing FC5 from DVD and the system rebooted. Alas,
I got an error message from grub:

  root (hd2,0)
  file system type unknown
  partition type 0x83

  Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition

If I hit a key, it returns me to the grub menu. Selecting the kernel
again redisplays the error message above.

Can you boot from the installation media in rescue mode?

What's the contents of /boot/grub/grub.conf ?

How are the disk(s) partitioned?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk crc dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk