Unable to use dual displays FC5

i still cannot use a second monitor with my notebook  This has been
the same since Core 3

Hardware  Intel 855gm  chipset
External VGA port for external monitor, projector etc..

So I have had to use windows to do presentations which really sucks!

Going threw the configuring dual displays and loggoing out results in
X crashing.  Do i need to manually edit Xorg.conf for this to work? I
have tried this route before with out sucess. Is there a package that
needs to be installed? Being able to use a external device for
displaying something is a integral part of a notebooks existance.

What log file outputs do you require?

Thanks in advance

--

Registered Linux User: #376813