Re: bittorrent slow

On Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:08 PM -0500 "Alex F. Evonosky" <alex alexevon org> wrote:

Also be aware that many MSO's and ISP's are deploying mitigation
appliances (e.g. Sandvine) in their networks to mitigate P2P to a
substantial rate decrease.  Also, Sandvines can limit the number seeds
per client, just an FYI.

How smart are they? Are they port-based? I configure non-standard ports for my BT client. Some of the newer BT clients can even encrypt the stream with peers so that content analysis is stymied. That leaves traffic behavior as the remaining method to identify P2P.