NVIDIA drivers working yet?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Mar 21 19:30:12 UTC 2006

Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> I need to get the nvidia drivers installed on FC5.
> Does anyone have this working yet?
> I have kernel-devel installed and am trying to use the NVIDIA-8178 drivers from
> nvidia.com but the build always fails.  There does not seem to be any drivers
> at livna yet either.
>
> Anyone know how to get them in?

I'm still running kernel-2.6.15-1.1826.2.10_FC5 from FC5 test2, but I've
 been updating through development and extras-development through
yesterday.  Yesterday, I installed the fedora-release from FC5, and when
I went to do the yum upgrade, there was only the packages in updates to
install.  I had previously downloaded the
nvidia-glx-1.0.8178-0.lvn.3.4.src.rpm from livna FC4 repository, and I
had rebuilt it on FC5t2.  I installed the resulting 2 RPMs, and it works
on my nvidia MX 400 video card just fine.  I know I'll have to re-build
it again if Livna doesn't make RPMs for the new kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
I have waiting when I finally do have to reboot (I'm in my 62nd day of
uptime).  It was a pretty painless step following the instructions on
the livna site.  I may have had to make some pretty trivial changes to
the .spec file (gack, it was 2 months ago!), but it worked after my
first successful rebuild.

> Thank you,

YMMV, good luck!

--