bittorrent slow

Mariano López Reta mlreta at alternativagratis.com
Tue Mar 21 20:00:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 14:48 -0500, sean wrote:

> Another user complained of 1.5k/s to 2.5k/s speeds which clearly
> doesn't have to do with rate limiting by the ISP and again suggests
> that bittorrent/firewall/router configuration is needed.

Sean: that would be me.

Let's see: firewall disabled (I know, I know...), ADSL router with NAT
on SUA only, ports opened (Bittorrent-gui says "Running normally" -
otherwise it would say "Firewalled" or something like that). And my
average performance is 2 to 3 Kbps with peak performance being 9 to 10
Kbps on download and upload averaging 8 to 10 with peaks of 15. I don't
know of any other configuration I might tweak. This performance is
consistent with my standard ftp or http performance. So, I see no
advantage in using torrents. That's my point.

Just my 2 cents,

--
Mariano López Reta <mlreta at alternativagratis.com>
Tortuguitas, Buenos Aires, Argentina