Re: bittorrent slow

Florin Andrei wrote:

> I cannot be 100% certain, but Comcast appears to work fine if you change
> the BitTorrent ports to some non-standard range.
>
> It appeared to be slow yesterday with standard ports, but that might be
> due to weak population of the early BT swarm.

My download started off quite slow (~20 Kb/s), but it was running at up
to 300 Kb/s around midnight (CST).  IIRC, the last couple of test
releases showed the same pattern.  It *could* just be the swarm ramping
up, but Comcast might also be taking the governor off late at night.

Ian Pilcher                                        i pilcher comcast net