Customising Session Shortcuts

Hey mates,

Just for knowledge, when I press Ctrl+Alt+FX i get to a different session, where X=1-6 leads to a text mode, and X=7-12 leads to a graphical one... Now, is there some way where I can change the default? I mean:

A) Make the default start-up just the console, but still be able to start the graphical one?
B) Change the shortcuts, so that Ctrl+Alt+F1 = text-based, Ctrl+Alt+F2 = graphical based?

I'm actually more interested in the first one, but was just asking about the second because it kinda exists in the same domain

Thank you

--
A. Helmy