Re: FC5 install: grub can't mount partition

Perhaps this is a grub bug with some SATA configurations...this error has also been discussed here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/03/msg01705.html

On 3/21/06, Colin Brace <cb lim nl> wrote:
On 3/21/06, Chris Ruprecht <chris ruprecht org> wrote:

> Did you change the LUNs on your drives or moved hardware around in the
> machine after you installed FC5?

No, I simply removed the DVD and allowed it to reboot.

> This looks like the drive that was sdc became sda. If you move the
> controller into a different PCI slot or the like, this might happen.

Indeed, how bizarre.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam