Fedora Core 5 suspend = laptop can't be switched on

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 01:43:08 UTC 2006

Felix M. Cobos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished dowloading the Fedora Core 5 x86_64 dvd iso and
> installed it.
> Everything was fine as spected.
> So once with the system running I decided to take a look at the new
> Gnome 2.14.
> Then I clicked on the Desktop menu and then suspend, and bang!!!! my
> laptop can't boot no more. :_(
>
> I have no idea what the hell happend.
>
> The laptop is an Acer Aspire 1501LMi.
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks.

I had a similar fallout with a desktop computer I use. I selected
suspend from the menu, it suspended, but could not be woken up without
pulling the plug. The three second hold on the momentary power button
did not totally clear things, so out went the power cord.

You might need to remove AC power and also remove the battery for a few
seconds, reinstall the battery and AC adapter and trying to power on the
system afterwards.

Avoid using suspend for awhile. (I know, it is right in plain site on
the menu, it should work almost universally.)

Jim

--
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
		-- Albert Einstein