Re: Unexplained network activity

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 17:49, David J. Bakeman wrote:

> Both ethereal and tcpdump show nothing when I think I'n doing
> nothing even though the gnome system monitor displays >60%
> usage(Both ethereal and tcpdump do show something when I'm
> reading email, accessing the web, etc)?  Who do I believe?

If you're referring to the resource monitor percentage display, I'm
guessing both.   Gnome-system-monitor monitors much besides just
the network traffic that tcpdump and ethereal monitor.  Try running
"top" at a command prompt to see which processes are taking up your
processor time.

Regards, Mike Klinke