Are Livna and FreshRPMS compatible?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Mar 22 05:22:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 20:59 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 16:39 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 16:53 -0300, Mariano López Reta wrote:
> > >
> > > I just wanted to know if I can have both installed so yum can search
> > > both.
> >
> > I know for a fact that Livna is compatible with Extras/Updates/Fedora.
> > All other repos - I just download/install packages manually.
> >
> Something is implicitly wrong with your statement of fact above.
>
> Livna claims to be compatible with Extras.
> Rpmforge claims to be compatible with Extras
> It is a known fact that Livna and Rpmforge are not compatible.
>
> Ergo one of the first two statements appears false.

<sigh> narrow logic

First off, I never said anything about Rpmforge.

Second, is it that hard to understand that there might be packages in
repo X and repo Y that are incompatible with each other, but are however
unrelated - and therefore compatible - with Extras?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/