Duplicate Name Exists on the Network

Hey All,
I have an odd error on my company network, whenever a computer starts up, it says "there is a duplicate name on the network" or what ever that xp message is, but after about 3 secs it goes away and everything is working fine..

I've narrowed it down to the fc4 fileserver; I've killed nearly every process, but it is still happening.. is this a samba problem? or is something running to do this,.. the network still works, its just frustrating..

Thanks -
--
   Ben May
   ben benmay org

...'Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error.' -Thomas Jefferson