mountinf windows share with smbmount

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Wed Mar 22 15:17:56 UTC 2006

I'm trying to mount a windows share that has spaces in the share name.
The syntax I've tried is as follows:

sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=me/domain,password,uid=500
'//server/sharename$/directory one/directory two' /mnt

I've tried it with single quotes as above, with double quotes, a backslash
in front of the space, quoting each directory name individually with quote
marks.  All respond with:

28103: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an
invalid share name)
SMB connection failed

if I do
sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=me/domain,password,uid=500
//server/sharename$ /mnt

then I'm successful, and I can then just CD down the directory tree and
reach the subfolder I want, but I really don't want to see all the other
directories.

Is there a way to mount shares with spaces and if so what syntax should I
be using?

Oh, this is on FC3

TIA