bittorrent slow

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:30:13 UTC 2006

Rogers in Canada are preventing my torrents from working. It was
working great up until about late December / early January and then
when they started offering the Rogers Home Phone service (telephone
service over cable) they started locking down the torrents.

I use a non standard port, and I have encryption on with Azureus 2.4.0
but I still rarely get a good speed on torrents now. I used my DSL
connection to get FC5 and I let it seed back to 150% like I normally
do, but I did notice it was a little slower than some of the other
torrents I grabbed like CentOS.

--
-=/>Thom