Re: How to config adsl???

On 3/22/06, Tod Merley <todbot88 gmail com> wrote:

Hi Ter Strom!

I would start with reading the modem manual.  Usually they connect to the computer via ethernet (most desireable) or wireless (more interesting).  And usually they have a "webpage" configuration interface which you can connect to through a browser ( e.g. Firefox) once your connection to the modem is established.  Often software on a CD (and the manual by the same means) is provided with the modem and the modem can be quickly set up using the provdided software on it's native format (usually Windows).

My experience with setting up ADSL  reminds that firefox is unable to make the  final changes to  ADSL's flash memory.  I mean changes work till power (to modem) is on. I have to use IE to achieve full functionality of the device. YMMV.

snip

--
Anil Kumar Shrama