Re: write to ntfs drive

Christian Langer wrote:
Hi I was wondering if fedora or knoppix could write to an ntfs drive
and if so how?
Chris

Well, I suppose you mean "Write to an NTFS formatted partition,
without causing destruction." and not "Just write anything
to the partition anywhere, regardless of consequence."

In my experience, no version of Linux can write to NTFS without
some problems, some of them serious. There are a few places on
the 'net where you can find information indicating otherwise,
but having tried the two which claim to be the most effective,
I find that they are not worth the danger. I have tried captive
NTFS which looks the most promising, but not without problems.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.