bittorrent slow

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 18:45:51 UTC 2006

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> What an attitude. These people work hard trying to provide a good
>>> service, and this is the thanks they get.
>>>
>>> Try saying something like that to your waiter next time.
>>

>> Amen Mike, on this we agree.
>

> I think there's a difference between waiters and ISPs.  I've never had a
> waiter serve my meal late because he doesn't like serving it.

Not analogous. Your ISP is not refusing you service, nor is he delaying
packets which you own.

> Why is it legitimate for an ISP to sell you a link of a given bandwidth,
> and then tell you how you can use it?

They don't sell you a link of a given bandwidth and then tell you
how you can use it. They license you to use *their* equipment, and
then tell you how you can use *their* equipment. And you *agree*
to the terms when you sign up to use *their* equipment.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.